Tuesday, February 16, 2016

When Will My Time Come?

Yesterday I was in a little bit of a funk, there were a few times where I wanted to shed tears.  I've been applying to schools since early November and I haven't had one interview yet.  After reading about others securing interviews and even receiving offer letters for the next school year, I couldn't help but to feel a little envious.  When will I have the opportunity to be interviewed????  Yup, I had a good ole pity party for myself, but it didn't last too long.

I remembered reading a post on one of the many groups I'm involved with on Facebook, and the person said don't wait on recruiters/agencies, if you want to teach abroad, contact the schools directly.  And so, that's what I did.  I sent my resume directly to several schools yesterday.  I even looked into schools in Kuwait, yes you've read correctly, Kuwait.  I'm finding that more and more Black educators are traveling to Kuwait to teach.  I visited one particular school's website and I was very much impressed with the diversity among its teachers.  Am I totally sold on the idea of moving to Kuwait?  No.  However, I'm not totally against it either.  As I stated before, I have to open myself up to other places if I want to become an international educator.  Of course my desired location is UAE but I'm open to other countries in the Middle East.  I would also love to work in South Africa but I haven't found anything as of yet.

Before I go I have to let you know that this morning, I received an invitation to a Skype interview for this Sunday.  The interview is for a new private school in Dubai.  I can't get too excited because I've been in this position twice, only to have the interview cancelled or postponed.  I will remain hopeful and pray that the interview does take place and that I interview exceptionally well!  Pray for a sistah!

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment