Sunday, February 21, 2016

The Interview

Well here it is 12:42 on a Sunday afternoon and I so want to cry but the tears won't fall.  I'm just so disappointed.  Today was my scheduled interview with a new private school in Abu Dhabi.  I woke up early, prepared myself, prayed and was sitting down in front of  my computer 30 minutes before my interview time.  I was nervous and excited that my stomach begin to ache.  By the time 11:20 came around, I was ready to get the interview started.  I waited anxiously 10 minutes after the scheduled time, waiting for the call to come through.  After 10 minutes, I checked my email again to check the day and time and I was indeed correct with the day and time.  After taking a closer look, I noticed that the time was 11:20 am UAE time.  I couldn't believe that I didn't see this before.  I guess I was so glad to finally receive an interview, I just focused on the day and time and not the time zone. 

So I immediately sent both an email and Skype message letting them know that there was a mix up in time and requested a new day and time.  After sending both messages, I calculated the time and noticed that my interview was scheduled at 2:20 am (11:20 am UAE time).  The latest I've heard of interviews taking place was 11:00 p.m., so maybe my intended time was actually 11:20 a.m. (EST).  I decided to sit in front of my computer and wait in hopes that the interviewer was running behind schedule and I would receive the call shortly.  I waited for an hour and did not receive a call.  I sent another message and email, letting them know that I was logging out but still very much interested in rescheduling an interview.  Things are not going as I had hoped they would, but I'm still hopeful that I will receive an offer.  I guess God is teaching me patience, something I'm not too good at. 

Until next time...... 

3 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Quintaja! It all worked out, they rescheduled me for this Thursday.

      Delete
    2. That's wonderful! I'm glad it worked out for you. Good luck!

      Delete