Monday, June 13, 2016

The Long Awaited Email

It finally came!  The email that I've waited for since April 12th has finally arrived.  I was awakened from my sleep at around 5:00 am, and since I had nothing better to do, I decided to check my email.  Lol!  Well I checked my email and there it was, the subject read Flight Booking - details to be confirmed to xxxxxxxx by Wednesday 15 June 12 noon Abu Dhabi time.  I had to reread the email to make sure I was reading correctly.  I just wrote a blog post last evening about awaiting flight details and just a few hours later I received the news.  Things are really getting real!  My school is planning flights for Wednesday, August 17th!  I've decided not to stress about the departure city and direct flights versus connecting flights.  They've already informed us that there aren't any guarantees that we'll have a direct flight.  I'm just grateful that it's a flight that I don't have to pay for.

The email also informed us that our accommodations are in the final stages; we will receive information as soon as everything is confirmed.  So it looks like everything is falling into place.  I just have to wait for my visa to be processed and then I'm officially headed to Abu Dhabi!!!!!!!!!!


3 comments: