Friday, November 27, 2015

Where it All Began...





My dream is to travel the world, I love traveling!  The majority of my travels have taken place in the US, Bahamas, and Jamaica.  But I long to see other countries and visit different continents.  

Since the summer, international travel has been in the forefront of my thoughts.  I believe it all started when I joined a group on Facebook called Black Educators Rock, and from there, someone posted about another group called Brothas & Sistas Working at International Schools.  I joined both groups and begin reading about other teachers, teaching overseas.  I became excited from listening to their stories and wanted to learn more.  I began searching for different blogs, Youtube videos and even joined Periscope in effort to follow the everyday lives of these teachers.  

I've always wanted to travel and would tell anyone who would listen that I want to see the world.  But there was something in the way, my fear of flying.  I would rather get in a car and drive, than to fly.  I've come to the conclusion that I will no longer allow this fear to hinder my life and dreams of traveling.  I'm going to see the world, one continent at  time.  I believe becoming an international educator will allow me do just that.

I've started following some great bloggers and they are a great inspiration.   Some are very helpful as I have a ton of questions, and they don't mind sharing.  Some of my favorites are Kisha & Marla, who are both in China; Kia aka Black Mom in Vietnam, and Tanai who is in Dubai with her 3 children! These bloggers are all single women living their lives on their own terms.  It's time for me to do the same!  I remember sharing with someone that I fear "dying" before I actually get a chance to "live."  It's time that I stop existing and begin to live!  I'm excited about the prospects and can't wait to share my journey with all of you!

XoXo
Jen 

4 comments:

  1. I'm proud of you and I pray you fulfill every dream. ..I look forward to visiting with Baby G in tow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I can't wait to expose my nieces and nephews to another world!

      Delete
  2. Go Jenn! Cheering you on the whole way! You will definitely do it and so much more! New Years Eve or my birthday in Dubai sounds like future plans!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All you need to do is a buy the ticket! Celebrating New Year's Eve in Dubai and Australia is on my bucket list.

      Delete