Friday, August 12, 2016

Flight Itinerary

So the day that I've patiently waited for, finally arrived yesterday!  As with everyday, I woke up and checked my email but there wasn't an email from my school.  So I went ahead and began to prepare for my day.  I headed out to the salon to get my hair braided for my trip.  As soon as I step foot in the salon, I hear a ping from my phone indicating a text message.  My new grade partner sent a message telling me to check my email, so I immediately opened up my Gmail account.  I opened it up and was greeted with a ton of information.  It had everything from the schedule of the Induction program, to housing and the most coveted prize, my eTicket!

I'm so happy that I don't have to fly to Chicago.  We were told that we would fly Etihad Airlines but I'm now flying Qatar Airways.   I can't tell you how many times I've searched for fights going to Abu Dhabi from Philly.  I'm so glad one of the routes I continuously searched, is my chosen path.  On Tuesday, I will depart from Philly and head to Doha, Qatar (12 hour flight).  I'll have a 3 hour layover there then board another plan for Abu Dhabi which is approximately 1.5 hours.  I've already chosen my seats, an aisle seat for the first part of the trip and a window seat for the second leg. It's recommended that you get up and walk a lot, so an aisle seat is necessary.

I have my housing and searched all day for pictures and information on it.  But I couldn't find anything. I did learn that it's brand new, but that's about it.  I've decided to just let it be, I'm looking forward to seeing it for the first time on Wednesday.

I just have a few more things to pack and I'm all set!  I had my Bon Voyage party last weekend, I'll talk more about that on my next post.

Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment