Saturday, May 14, 2016

Speak It!


When I logged onto my Facebook account today, it showed my memories of this day.  I made this post two years ago and I'm so excited that things are coming into fruition.  I'm reminded that if you want things to happen, sometimes you have to speak it into existence.  I have 29 school days and approximately 3 months left before I end my year at one school, and begin a new school and grade, in Abu Dhabi, UAE.  I'm still in disbelief that it's actually happening.  

Every so often, I ask myself "Why now", or "Why didn't I do this sooner?"  I remember when I was graduating from college, Norwegian Cruise Line was recruiting at my school.  I loved the idea of traveling and thought this would be my opportunity to do so.  I really wanted to do it, but I let fear get in the way.  Fast forward to summer 2015, here is when I begin toying with idea of teaching abroad.  I told very few people of my initial plans, I believe subconsciously, I wanted someone to talk me out of it.  Surprisingly, everyone I told was very supportive of the idea.  I still can't believe that I'm actually doing this, being that I'm an introvert and I've never traveled anywhere by myself. Then I reminded that traveling the world has been a dream of mine, now that the opportunity has presented itself I cannot let it pass me by.  

I'm so ready for my journey to begin!

Until Next time...

2 comments: